MMSD wants to ensure we always have our students’ best interests at heart. This means great teaching and building trusting relationships with students. It also means making sure we have policies in place to support the health and wellness of our students.
Your Input Matters!
As we work on the vision for wellness in our schools, we want to hear your feedback on what wellness will look like in MMSD and how it is integrated into the school environment. We are modeling our wellness policy after the CDC’s Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model. This model combines a collaborative approach to improving student learning and health.
We are hosting several listening sessions to gather input from the community, staff, and other stakeholders. Current listening session dates include the following:
- Monday, February 26th from 5:30-7:00pm at Hawthorne Library
- Wednesday, February 28th from 5:30-7:00pm at Sequoia Library
If you are unable to attend, please take the short survey below to provide your input around school wellness in MMSD, click the icon below. If you have any questions, or wish to view the drafted wellness policy, please email Ashley Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MMSD Wellness Policy (4610) on Physical Activity & Nutrition
- Understanding the MMSD Wellness Policy (English, Spanish, Hmong)
MMSD Wellness Resources
- Updated! MMSD Healthy Classroom Snack List (English, Spanish, Hmong)
- New! Smart Snacks Guidelines
- MMSD Potluck Guidelines (English, Spanish, Hmong)
- MMSD Food & Nutrition
- MMSD Health Services
- MMSD Curriculum & Instruction: Health & Physical Education
- Madison Schools & Community Recreation (MSCR)
Additional Wellness Links
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) Healthy Schools
- CDC Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Framework