All students and staff are and feel healthy, safe, supported, engaged, and challenged.
MMSD recognizes that physical, social, and emotional health are linked to academic achievement and college, career, and community readiness. Students learn better in healthy schools with healthy employees. We believe that it is our responsibility to create learning environments that foster health and well-being for all students and employees. The district will utilize a unified and collaborative approach to learning and health to support the development of the Whole Child. As a system committed to equity, MMSD seeks to disrupt health inequities and eliminate disparities based on race and socioeconomic status so that our entire learning community, including all staff and all students have the chance to attain their full health and learning potential.
MMSD School Wellness Policy (Updated 5/21/18)
MMSD Healthy Classroom Snack List
- MMSD Food & Nutrition
- MMSD Health Services
- MMSD Curriculum & Instruction: Health & Physical Education
- Madison Schools & Community Recreation (MSCR)
CDC/ASCD Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Framework
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) Healthy Schools
- CDC Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Framework
- ASCD WSCC Model: Relationship Between Learning and Health